Telo Islands - Sumatra
Islands of Sumatra Indonesia
The Telo Islands are a group of 51 islands located just on the border of North Sumatra between Nias and Mentawai Islands.
It's quickly becoming another great location for surfing on Sumatra's west coast.
Sibranun island is a small island, part of the Telo island chain. It has around 200 villagers living on the island which you could walk around in about 45 minutes.
Surfing tours can be arrange for various locations on the west coast of Sumatra. These cater for the Telo Islands.
Telo Island Lodge is an up market lodge accommodating surfers. Located on the remote island of Sibranan within the Telo Islands. The Telo Islands Lodge have their own boat for taking surfers around the island hunting for the best waves.
Last updated 10th March 2009Last updated - 4th November 2006
English - Indonesian translator/dictionary
© 2009 Sumatra Travel
Other Travel sites:
Sumatra * Aceh * Batam * Berastagi * Bukit Lawang * Bukittinggi * Lake Maninjau * Lake Toba
* Medan * Padang * Pekanbaru * Pulau Banyak * Pulau Nias * Pulau Weh * Tangkahan
* Bali * Kuta * Seminyak * Sanur * Nusa Dua * Nusa Lembongan * Lovina * Pulau Menjangan * Ubud
* Java * Jakarta * Jogjakarta * Semarang * Surabaya * Bandung * Malang * Bogor * Cirebon * Solo
* Kalimantan * Banjarmasin * Palangkaraya * Pangkalanbun * Pontianak * Balikpapan * Samarinda
* Sulawesi * Manado * Makassar * Palu * Kendari
* Gili Islands * Lombok * Flores * Komodo * Maluku
* West Papua * West Timor
* Malaysia * Kuala Lumpur * Ipoh * Penang * Melaka * Mersing * Johor Bahru * Kota Kinabalu * Langkawi Island
* Kuching * Tioman lsland * Redang Island * Perhentian Islands * Pangkor Island * Sibu Island * Sipadan Island
Australia * Sydney Travel Guide * Sydney Restaurant Guide * Sydney Luxury Hotels * Sydney Budget Hotels
* Sydney Tours * Parramatta Travel Guide * Parramatta Hotel Guide * Parramatta Restaurant Guide