Tabo Cottages - Lake Toba
Accommodation Lake Toba, Sumatra Indonesia
Tabo Cottages situated on the shore of Lake Toba at Tuk-tuk offer a relaxing place to enjoy the magnificent views over the lake, mountains and their tropical garden.
The restaurant at Tabo Cottages specialises in vegetarian food and great fresh bread from their own bakery.
Standard room 215.000
Deluxe room 265.000
Batak villa 350.000
Junior suite 350.000
VIP Horas suite from 550.000
VIP Batak suite from 600.000
All rates are including breakfast buffet for 2 pax, tax and service.
All include breakfast.
Prices are negotiable in the low season
Tuk-tuk Lake Toba Samosir
North Sumatera 22395
Ph: +62 625 451318
Last updated 20th July 2010
Review submitted 13th June 2011 from Novie and Deborah
and clean at Tuk Tuk. Good food and has German bread (and cheddar cheese)
at Tabo in 2008, July, and had a good experience there. I choose a
standard room, in a separate batak style house. Calm, clean, bathroom in
good condition (may be warm water limitation).
25th August 2009 Review from Michael
I do have to say that my experience at Tabo Cottages was somewhat different. I booked 2 Batak Villas and both of them turned out alright. The place was clean without me or my friends having to complain about any hygienic concerns. Tabo has a nice view of the lake and it is a cozy place, which is ideal for families. Brilliantly, all the windows were sealed with mosquito netting and we slept like babies without any disturbance from mossies. Although there were some minor disruptions with the electricity supply, we were informed that it affects the island and not only the hotel. But I\'ll have to say that Annette engaged the most suitable driver to drive us from the island to Medan, he was friendly and very accommodating to many of our minor requests during the journey. It is worth another visit, both Toba and Tabo
28th July 2009 Review from Gabi
After doing much internet research and reading the Lonely Planet guide,
I decided to book the Batak Villa based on the information available. I was
sorely disappointed when I arrived. I had reserved the Batak Villa believing
it was a whole villa. Instead it was a room with a four poster bed and a tiny
loft which could only fit a small mattress inside of a room that was not much
bigger than 13m2. In addition, when I finally went to bed, there was an
unpleasant smell of old sweat and body odor from the pillows and the mattress.
When I pulled back the covers, the pillows and mattresses were covered in dark
stains and mildew. Additionally the shower curtain was covered in mildew from
top to bottom. For the price paid, this room was not worth it. I would have
preferred a $5 room had I known - at least I would have been prepared. Best
bet is to arrive at Tuk Tuk and search for your hotel on arrival.
Have you stayed at Tabo Cottages?
Email Not published
English - Indonesian translator/dictionary
© 2009 Sumatra Travel
Other Travel sites:
Sumatra * Aceh * Batam * Berastagi * Bukit Lawang * Bukittinggi * Lake Maninjau * Lake Toba
* Medan * Padang * Pekanbaru * Pulau Banyak * Pulau Nias * Pulau Weh * Tangkahan
* Bali * Kuta * Seminyak * Sanur * Nusa Dua * Nusa Lembongan * Lovina * Pulau Menjangan * Ubud
* Java * Jakarta * Jogjakarta * Semarang * Surabaya * Bandung * Malang * Bogor * Cirebon * Solo
* Kalimantan * Banjarmasin * Palangkaraya * Pangkalanbun * Pontianak * Balikpapan * Samarinda
* Sulawesi * Manado * Makassar * Palu * Kendari
* Gili Islands * Lombok * Flores * Komodo * Maluku
* West Papua * West Timor
* Malaysia * Kuala Lumpur * Ipoh * Penang * Melaka * Mersing * Johor Bahru * Kota Kinabalu * Langkawi Island
* Kuching * Tioman lsland * Redang Island * Perhentian Islands * Pangkor Island * Sibu Island * Sipadan Island
Australia * Sydney Travel Guide * Sydney Restaurant Guide * Sydney Luxury Hotels * Sydney Budget Hotels
* Parramatta Travel Guide * Parramatta Hotel Guide * Parramatta Restaurant Guide
* Brisbane Travel Guide * Brisbane Restaurant Guide * Brisbane Budget Hotels
* Melbourne Travel Guide * Melbourne Restaurant Guide