Samosir Cottages - Lake Toba
* Samosir Cottages reviews (3 reviews)
Accommodation Lake Toba, Sumatra Indonesia
Samosir Cottages, Tuk-Tuk, Somasir Island Lake Toba, is one of the nicest and most relaxed places to stay in Tuk-Tuk. Right on Lake Toba, with clean rooms, a great restaurant and internal activities like swimming in the lake, BBQ area next the lake, pool/snooker table, ping-pong table, internet access and a TV/DVD room for watching movies. They also have several computers with fast cable internet access.
Wednesday and Saturday night they have a free performance of traditional Batak Dancing and folk singing.
These are the published room rates for 2009. Prices can be negotiated at better rate in quiet periods.
Standard room 6 rooms 119,000Rp Cold shower
Comfort room 12 rooms 145,000Rp Hot shower
Deluxe room 14 rooms 200,000Rp Room overlooking the lake, hot shower
VIP room 3 rooms 350,000Rp Hot shower, fridge, lounge with TV
Family room 1 room 375,000Rp Hot shower, 2 beds, fridge living room
Tuk-tuk Lake Toba
North Sumatera Indonesia 22395
Phone: (0625) 41050 and 451311
Fax: (0625) 541170
Mobile: 0813 6144 2240
Last updated 14th June 2009
Great view of sunset
Review submitted 6th December 2012 - by Thomas Doreian
I enjoyed my short stay :the room was spacious and the bed and bathroom clean. The food was very nice, too. Mr Blum was especially helpful in getting me settled and making me feel welcome. I will stay there again.
Review submitted 30th October 2011 - by Jack
Samosir Cottages is a very nice mid-priced homestay. Staff are friendly and helpful. I have stayed there twice (5 days each time), and would do so again. Four internet terminals, good food, and some interesting restaurants and bookstores close by, plus Brandos Pub a few minutes walk away. You will not be disappointed in this place. Don\'t pay the prices quoted above, though. More like 60-70,000 for the standard rooms, and 80,000 for Comfort rooms with hot water.
Review submitted 21st January 2010 - Hans Guhde
Samosir Cottage is a lovely cozy relaxing place with beautiful surrounding facing the lake. The restaurant is very nice with Internet service and a friendly barter Blomma who can speak Swedish. Every Wednesday, they have beautiful Batak music and dance.
Have you stayed at Samosir Cottages?
Email Not published
English - Indonesian translator/dictionary
© 2009 Sumatra Travel
Other Travel sites:
Sumatra * Aceh * Batam * Berastagi * Bukit Lawang * Bukittinggi * Lake Maninjau * Lake Toba
* Medan * Padang * Pekanbaru * Pulau Banyak * Pulau Nias * Pulau Weh * Tangkahan
* Bali * Kuta * Seminyak * Sanur * Nusa Dua * Nusa Lembongan * Lovina * Pulau Menjangan * Ubud
* Java * Jakarta * Jogjakarta * Semarang * Surabaya * Bandung * Malang * Bogor * Cirebon * Solo
* Kalimantan * Banjarmasin * Palangkaraya * Pangkalanbun * Pontianak * Balikpapan * Samarinda
* Sulawesi * Manado * Makassar * Palu * Kendari
* Gili Islands * Lombok * Flores * Komodo * Maluku
* West Papua * West Timor
* Malaysia * Kuala Lumpur * Ipoh * Penang * Melaka * Mersing * Johor Bahru * Kota Kinabalu * Langkawi Island
* Kuching * Tioman lsland * Redang Island * Perhentian Islands * Pangkor Island * Sibu Island * Sipadan Island
Australia * Sydney Travel Guide * Sydney Restaurant Guide * Sydney Luxury Hotels * Sydney Budget Hotels
* Parramatta Travel Guide * Parramatta Hotel Guide * Parramatta Restaurant Guide
* Brisbane Travel Guide * Brisbane Restaurant Guide * Brisbane Budget Hotels
* Melbourne Travel Guide * Melbourne Restaurant Guide