Mountains - Sumatra
Sumatra is almost completely mountainous with 14 mountains
Gunung Kerinci 3805m, located in West Sumatra south of Padang within the Kerinci Samblat National Park.
Gunung Leuser 3404m, located in North Sumatra within the Gunung Leuser National Park
Gunung Kemiri 3314m, located in North Sumatra within the Gunung Leuser National Park
Gunung Simpali 3270m, located in North Sumatra
within the Gunung
Leuser National Park
Gunung Dempo 3159m, located in South Sumatra is a dormant volcano surrounded by peaks of the Pasemah Highlands.
Gunung Perkinson 2828m, located in North Sumatra within the Gunung Leuser National Park
Gunung Raja 2543m , located in central Sumatra, 20km south of Sungaipenuh.
Gunung Seminung 1881m, located in south-western corner of South Sumatra, about 300km from Palembang around 8 hours by bus.
Gunung Mazlaya located on Nias Island
Gunung Lolomatua located on Nias Island
Last updated 29th March 2009
English - Indonesian translator/dictionary
© 2009 Sumatra Travel
Other Travel sites: * Indonesia
* Bali * Kuta * Seminyak * Sanur * Nusa Dua * Nusa Lembongan * Lovina * Pulau Menjangan * Ubud
* Java * Jakarta * Jogjakarta * Semarang * Surabaya * Bandung * Malang * Bogor * Cirebon * Solo
* Kalimantan * Banjarmasin * Palangkaraya * Pangkalanbun * Pontianak * Balikpapan * Samarinda
* Sulawesi * Manado * Makassar * Palu * Kendari
* Gili Islands * Lombok * Flores * Komodo * Maluku
* West Papua * West Timor
* Malaysia * Kuala Lumpur * Ipoh * Penang * Melaka * Mersing * Johor Bahru * Kota Kinabalu * Langkawi Island
* Kuching * Tioman lsland * Redang Island * Perhentian Islands * Pangkor Island * Sibu Island * Sipadan Island
Australia * Sydney Travel Guide * Sydney Restaurant Guide * Sydney Luxury Hotels * Sydney Budget Hotels
* Sydney Tours * Parramatta Travel Guide * Parramatta Hotel Guide * Parramatta Restaurant Guide