Jungle Lodge - Tangkahan
* Jungle Lodge reviews (8 reviews)
Accommodation in Tangkahan
Jungle Lodge is the best place to stay at Tangkahan. With 6 bungalows overlooking the Buluh River. With a great restaurant balcony overlooking the river and jungle. Try their traditional local curry made with baby banana shoots. Interesting!
Jungle Lodge Bungalows
Jungle Lodge Bungalow Balcony
View down to Buluh River from Bungalow Balcony
View down to Buluh River from Jungle Lodge Restaurant
Room prices start from 85,000Rp and go up to 100,000Rp. They also have a family room, 2 rooms adjoining that is 155,000Rp per night.
Ph: 0813 7633 4787
Website: www.junglelodge.net (website in German)
Last updated 18th July 2009
Review submitted 1st November 2011 - Ati Kisjanto
We had a fabulous time in Tangkahan in 2008 with our children then 4&6 years old. The food is well prepared, basic ingredients but delicious. Basic accommodation yet clean. Amazing adventure on the elephant ride, the river raft on tyre tubes, the jungle trek, the river swim. Bliss!!
Review submitted 28th October 2011 - Lieke from Holland
We've stayed here last summer. What a great place! definitely the best place to stay. The rooms are basic but good for the jungle feeling! And what a great staff, they have a lot of trips to offer. Suka, thank you!
Review submitted 11th August 2010 - Debbie and Peter from Australia
Definitely the pick of places to stay. Fantastic swimming hole. Good food at a good price. Very friendly young guys. Ah Tangkahan we miss you.
Review submitted 28th June 2010 - Lene Anderson
I highly recommend Jungle Lodge and i miss the place and people. I will definitely be back. Lene from Danmark
Review submitted 15th June 2010 - Dorie
The prices are outdated. The family room is now 250,000. Prices for everything else (guides, elephant treks) were doubled in March 2010. Beautiful place, especially the dining area, but a pain in the neck, tried to overcharge for motorbike ride to Bukit Lawang.
Review submitted 5th January 2010 - Annette from the Netherlands
Don't expect a luxury hotel at Tangkahan. All places there are bit primitive so Eco lodge too. But Eco lodge is ok, the lodges have a (cold) shower and a toilet you have to flush with a bucket of water. Friendly people working there
25th August 2009 Raz Singh from Indonesia
thanks to Mr Jungle Bob and friends. nice food, room and serve. we will come again. from ur new friend RAZ
4th Jan 2009 Scott from Sydney Australia
Jungle Lodge has to be the best of the 4 places to stay in Tangkahan. The rooms are nice with a great bed and really good balcony and hammock for looking out over the river and the jungle. I highly recommend Jungle Lodge.
Have you stayed at Jungle Lodge?
Email Optional - Not published
English - Indonesian translator/dictionary
© 2013 Sumatra Travel
Other Travel sites:
Sumatra * Aceh * Batam * Berastagi * Bukit Lawang * Bukittinggi * Lake Maninjau * Lake Toba
* Medan * Padang * Pekanbaru * Pulau Banyak * Pulau Nias * Pulau Weh * Tangkahan
* Bali * Kuta * Seminyak * Sanur * Nusa Dua * Nusa Lembongan * Lovina * Pulau Menjangan * Ubud
* Java * Jakarta * Jogjakarta * Semarang * Surabaya * Bandung * Malang * Bogor * Cirebon * Solo
* Kalimantan * Banjarmasin * Palangkaraya * Pangkalanbun * Pontianak * Balikpapan * Samarinda
* Sulawesi * Manado * Makassar * Palu * Kendari
* Gili Islands * Lombok * Flores * Komodo * Maluku
* West Papua * West Timor
* Malaysia * Kuala Lumpur * Ipoh * Penang * Melaka * Mersing * Johor Bahru * Kota Kinabalu * Langkawi Island
* Kuching * Tioman lsland * Redang Island * Perhentian Islands * Pangkor Island * Sibu Island * Sipadan Island
Thailand Travel Guide
Australia * Sydney Travel Guide * Sydney Restaurant Guide * Sydney Luxury Hotels * Sydney Budget Hotels
* Sydney Tours * Parramatta Travel Guide * Parramatta Hotel Guide * Parramatta Restaurant Guide
* Brisbane Travel Guide * Brisbane Restaurant Guide * Brisbane Budget Hotels
* Melbourne Travel Guide * Melbourne Restaurant Guide