Jambi - Sumatra
Highlights - Gateway to Gunung Kerinci and Kerinci Semblat National Park
Cities and towns in Sumatra
Jambi is located in central Sumatra. Jambi has alot of production in oil and paper manufacturing.
Jambi is a good starting point for trekking to Gunung Kerinci and the surrounding National Park.
The Kubu are indigenous people of southern Sumatra. Some of the Kubu, around 1000 people, still live the traditional way of the hunter-gatherer.
There have also been many stories of the Gugu, half human, half apes living in the forests around Jambi.
Just west of Jambi city is the village of Solok Sipin with the majority of the village being floating houses on the Batang Hari River.
Jambi Cultural Week
Between the 10-15th of December 2008 is the Jambi Cultural Week when Jambi has cultural perfomances, traditional sports and competitions on display as well as Rentak Besapih dancing and cane handicrafts for sale.
Getting there and away
Jambi's airport has domestic flights to other Indonesian cities. The airport is called Sultan Thaha.
Sriwijaya Air have direct flights between Jambi and Jakarta.
Kartika Airlines have direct flights from Jambi to Medan and Batam. www.kartika-airlines.com
Abadi Hotel & Convention Centre
Jl. Jend. Gatot Subroto No. 92-98
Abadi Suite Hotel and Tower
Jl. M. Bafadhal No. 111
Jambi - Indonesia 36134
Phones.. 0741-7555800 (hunting)
e_Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Jln. Gatot Subroto No. 44, Jambi 36134
+62-741-27208, 50808 / +62-741-27209
Last updated - 10th August 2009
English - Indonesian translator/dictionary
© 2009 Sumatra Travel
Other Travel sites: * Indonesia
* Bali * Kuta * Seminyak * Sanur * Nusa Dua * Nusa Lembongan * Lovina * Pulau Menjangan * Ubud
* Java * Jakarta * Jogjakarta * Semarang * Surabaya * Bandung * Malang * Bogor * Cirebon * Solo
* Kalimantan * Banjarmasin * Palangkaraya * Pangkalanbun * Pontianak * Balikpapan * Samarinda
* Sulawesi * Manado * Makassar * Palu * Kendari
* Gili Islands * Lombok * Flores * Komodo * Maluku
* West Papua * West Timor
* Malaysia * Kuala Lumpur * Ipoh * Penang * Melaka * Mersing * Johor Bahru * Kota Kinabalu * Langkawi Island
* Kuching * Tioman lsland * Redang Island * Perhentian Islands * Pangkor Island * Sibu Island * Sipadan Island
Australia * Sydney Travel Guide * Sydney Restaurant Guide * Sydney Luxury Hotels * Sydney Budget Hotels
* Sydney Tours * Parramatta Travel Guide * Parramatta Hotel Guide * Parramatta Restaurant Guide
* Brisbane Travel Guide * Brisbane Restaurant Guide * Brisbane Budget Hotels
* Melbourne Travel Guide * Melbourne Restaurant Guide