Caves - Sumatra
Caves, Sumatra Indonesia
There are a large number of caves all over Sumatra, though many are difficult to get to and not visited by many tourists.
In West Sumatra there are the Bukit Sungai Mintan Caves located several hours south from Padang in the Sangir Batanghari district. These caves have several fast flowing underground rivers and good examples of stalagmites and stalactites.
There are 2 sets of small caves located in Bukit Lawang in North Sumatra. Both are around 20 - 30 minutes walk from the village and easily accessible. One is called the bat cave because of the many bats that live within.
There are also numerous caves in Aceh though very difficult to get to.
Last updated 8th February 2008
English - Indonesian translator/dictionary
© 2009 Sumatra Travel
Other Travel sites: * Indonesia
* Bali * Kuta * Seminyak * Sanur * Nusa Dua * Nusa Lembongan * Lovina * Pulau Menjangan * Ubud
* Java * Jakarta * Jogjakarta * Semarang * Surabaya * Bandung * Malang * Bogor * Cirebon * Solo
* Kalimantan * Banjarmasin * Palangkaraya * Pangkalanbun * Pontianak * Balikpapan * Samarinda
* Sulawesi * Manado * Makassar * Palu * Kendari
* Gili Islands * Lombok * Flores * Komodo * Maluku
* West Papua * West Timor
* Malaysia * Kuala Lumpur * Ipoh * Penang * Melaka * Mersing * Johor Bahru * Kota Kinabalu * Langkawi Island
* Kuching * Tioman lsland * Redang Island * Perhentian Islands * Pangkor Island * Sibu Island * Sipadan Island
Australia * Sydney Travel Guide * Sydney Restaurant Guide * Sydney Luxury Hotels * Sydney Budget Hotels
* Sydney Tours * Parramatta Travel Guide * Parramatta Hotel Guide * Parramatta Restaurant Guide