Bagus Bay - Lake Toba
* Bagus Bay Hotel review (2 reviews)
Accommodation Lake Toba, Sumatra Indonesia
Bagus Bay Homestay and Restaurant Traditioanal Batak houses that are clean and comfortable with a great view out to the lake. There is great swimming right in front of the Bagus Bay property and the ferry will drop you off and pick you up from their jetty.
Wednesday and Saturday night at 8pm they have traditional Batak dancing and folk songs free of charge in the restaurant.
Their great restaurant has a great selection of Indonesian food and Western food including homemade yoghurt, ice cream, pizzas, great bread, pies and lasagna. Nightly they show DVD's in the bar usually at 5pm and 7.30pm. At other times you can select a DVD to watch at your leisure and they have a pool table. Internet access is available at 20,000Rp per hour.
Single bed room 20,000Rp per night
Double bed room 30,000Rp per night
Twin room 2 single beds 20,000Rp per night
Traditional Batak House 100,000Rp per night
Deluxe Room, double bed hot shower 150,000Rp per night
Bagus Bay Homestay Bar and Restaurant
Tuk-Tuk Lake Toba
Samosir Island North Sumatera
Phone: +62 (0)625 451287
Fax: +62 (0)625 451287
Email: contact via above website - the email listed on their webpage bagus-bay@hotmail is not working though they have a contact page to submit requests.
Last updated 14th June 2009
Review submitted 30th January 2013 - by Geoff from Perth Australia
Stayed at Bagus Bay in December last year, friendly staff, great food and the dancing on Wednesday was fun.Will be back for sure at this great place with great views.
3rd February 2009 Scott - Sydney Australia
I've stayed a few times at Bagus Bay and is really cool place to stay. The restaurant is awesome with a great selection of Indonesian and western food. Free DVDs shown most nights and really good swimming right at the front.
Email Not published
English - Indonesian translator/dictionary
© 2009 Sumatra Travel
Other Travel sites:
Sumatra * Aceh * Batam * Berastagi * Bukit Lawang * Bukittinggi * Lake Maninjau * Lake Toba
* Medan * Padang * Pekanbaru * Pulau Banyak * Pulau Nias * Pulau Weh * Tangkahan
* Bali * Kuta * Seminyak * Sanur * Nusa Dua * Nusa Lembongan * Lovina * Pulau Menjangan * Ubud
* Java * Jakarta * Jogjakarta * Semarang * Surabaya * Bandung * Malang * Bogor * Cirebon * Solo
* Kalimantan * Banjarmasin * Palangkaraya * Pangkalanbun * Pontianak * Balikpapan * Samarinda
* Sulawesi * Manado * Makassar * Palu * Kendari
* Gili Islands * Lombok * Flores * Komodo * Maluku
* West Papua * West Timor
* Malaysia * Kuala Lumpur * Ipoh * Penang * Melaka * Mersing * Johor Bahru * Kota Kinabalu * Langkawi Island
* Kuching * Tioman lsland * Redang Island * Perhentian Islands * Pangkor Island * Sibu Island * Sipadan Island
Australia * Sydney Travel Guide * Sydney Restaurant Guide * Sydney Luxury Hotels * Sydney Budget Hotels
* Parramatta Travel Guide * Parramatta Hotel Guide * Parramatta Restaurant Guide
* Brisbane Travel Guide * Brisbane Restaurant Guide * Brisbane Budget Hotels
* Melbourne Travel Guide * Melbourne Restaurant Guide